Strictly Sail & Kayak offers sailing lessons once a month from May through September. This safe introduction to sailing is designed for the first time sailor. Each class consists of a classroom session on a Wednesday evening 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. as well as an on-the-water sailing session on either a Saturday or Sunday. Our teaching boat is a Montego 25, cabin-class keel boat, similar to the type one might buy as their first boat. Under the guidance and supervision of our veteran instructors, each student is given the opportunity to steer the boat and trim the sails. Your first time at the tiller is an experience you will never forget.
About the Lessons
The classroom ‘sailing school’ session is approximately three hours and is held at our main Strictly Sail & Kayak location in Blue Ash, Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati. This will cover instruction on sailing theory, safety, terminology and rigging. The on-the-water class will be held at Brookville Lake in Indiana and will also last about three hours. This second session will be hands-on with the instructor on board.
About The Instructor
Instructor Daryl Clark, sharing his enthusiasm for sailing with students and fellow sailors.
Our instructor, Daryl Clark, is a seasoned sailor who began his sailing experience on cruise excursions to the local southwest Ohio and Indiana lakes with his dad and brother. Sailing has been one of his passions since his high school days many years ago. During his college years, he started racing with the Miami University Sailing Club. While at Miami of Ohio, he also began teaching sailing. We are proud to have him on the crew at Strictly Sail & Kayak.
Costs and Requirements
- Reservation and Payment by phone 513-984-1907
- Sailing Lessons are $149.00 plus tax per person, which includes the three-hour in person classroom session, and the three-hour day on the water.
- Safety gear and the instructors time are included in the registration. Participants should plan to bring snacks, or a small cooler.
- Each class is limited to 16 participants per group. 4-5 students on the boat at a time.
- Participants will receive a confirmation email and a paid invoice upon receipt of your reservation with payment.
Schedule for 2022 Coming Soon!
2022 Sailing Lessons Schedule!
April classroom April 20th On the water April 23rd or 24th
May classroom May 18th On the water May 21st or 22nd
June classroom June 15th On the water June 18th or 19th
July classroom July 13th On the water July 16th or 17th
August classroom Aug 17th On the water Aug 20th or 21st
September classroom Sept. 14th On the water Sept. 17th or 18th